The Women’s Center, located in College Center 235, offers a lounge space and programming on various components of gender equity, women’s leadership, empowerment and health. The Women’s Center Student Advisory Board—which consists of 8 to 10 student leaders and a faculty member—acts as a think tank to the center, helping to devise new programs and initiatives.
Mission, Vision and Values
The Campus Life Women's Center supports and celebrates women’s leadership; provides empowering spaces for women; takes action to address gender inequity on campus; provides programming and resources on local, national and global gender issues; honors Vassar College’s unique history; and promotes understanding among people of different genders, cultures, beliefs, ethnic backgrounds, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Women’s Center envisions a campus where women occupy significant leadership positions; women feel safe and empowered; students value learning about a wide variety of gender-related topics; and students will take the gender equity values they learn about at Vassar to positively influence society at large.
- All students, staff and faculty are welcome
- Our work focuses on and embraces women of all marginalized identities, including but not limited to, women of color, trans women, women with disabilities, queer women, and women of all nationalities, classes, and faiths
- Students’ needs, interests and passions are the drivers of our programming and initiatives
- We seek to raise the campus community’s awareness of gender issues as well as provide space for specific groups to explore and affirm their identities
- Collaborating with other Centers, offices and student groups makes our work more effective and relevant to the campus
- We support and cultivate communities of feminists on campus